Title 24 is a set of mandatory requirements in California for fenestration products & exterior doors. These requirements were originally implemented in 1978 to establish energy efficiency standards for residential and non-residential buildings; these standards are updated periodically.
The section of Title 24 code related to our sliding glass panels is Section 110.6, which states:
“Air Infiltration to comply with: Either NFRC OR ASTM E 283 at a pressure differential of 75 pascals (or 1.57 pounds/ft2)
Title 24 Energy Standards Recognize 3 Types of Fenestration:
- Manufactured window, glass doors, and skylights.
- Site-built (field-glazed or assembled: storefront, curtain walls, atrium roof systems)
Cover Glass Exterior Sliding Glass Panel Facts:
- Cover Glass USA’s Frameless sliding glass doors are Title 24 compliant.
- Cover Glass USA, is ASTM E 283 approved, per section 110.6 above.
- Cover Glass frameless sliding glass doors are considered site-built fenestration (curtain wall of glass operable panels).
- Cover Glass frameless sliding glass panel systems are weatherproof.
- Cover Glass panels are Low-E coated to ensure maximum energy efficiency and function.